Angela’s practice focuses primarily on complex civil litigation. She is proud to represent survivors of sexual assault, sexual abuse, and sexual harassment.
She represents hundreds of clients who have been sexually assaulted by rideshare drivers, and was appointed by the Court as liaison counsel in the coordinated proceeding against Lyft, Inc., JCCP 5061, pending in San Francisco Superior Court. She also represents survivors of childhood sexual abuse against individual offenders which often include trusted adults in positions in power such as teachers, counselors, coaches, and clergy, as well as the institutions that harbor them.
Angela has also litigated against emerging and long-standing corporate giants such as JUUL, Samsung, and LG. She briefed, argued, and successfully defeated a personal jurisdiction challenge in the coordinated proceeding against JUUL, JCCP 5052.
In addition to her work at the trial level, Angela has briefed and argued appeals, obtaining favorable opinions from the Eighth Circuit and Texas Courts of Appeal. Most recently, Angela secured a favorable personal jurisdiction opinion from the Texas Supreme Court where the Court found the exercise of jurisdiction appropriate over a Korean company.
Angela received her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with a minor in Middle Eastern and North African Studies from UCLA. She went on to receive her law degree from Suffolk University School of Law where she served as the continuity editor for the Journal of Health and Biomedical Law.
Angela does pro bono work with the Family Violence Appellate Project, a nonprofit dedicated to helping domestic violence survivors, as well as Cake 4 Kids, where she bakes cakes and other treats for youth survivors of domestic violence or human trafficking, in foster care, and/or group homes.
Bachelor of Arts, UCLA
Juris Doctor, Suffolk University School of Law
Admitted to Practice
United States Courts of Appeal for the Fifth, Eighth, Ninth, and Eleventh Circuits
• Authored Amicus Curiae Brief on behalf of The Coalition to Abolish Slavery & Trafficking, Freedom Network USA, and HEAL Trafficking in the matter of Guardianship of Z.R., Case No. B300696 filed in the Court of Appeal for the Second District of California in support of Petitioner, a survivor of sex-trafficking seeking to regain custody of her child (2021)
• Authored Amicus Curiae Brief on behalf of the Cooperative Restraining Order Clinic in the matter of Jane Doe v. Uber Technologies, Inc. et al., Case No. 22-16562 pending in the Court of Appeal for the Ninth Circuit in support of Plaintiff-Appellant, a survivor raped by an Uber driver (2023)
• Nehmens, Hite; E-Cigs, The Non-Certifiable Class and the Disappearing Defendant, Plaintiff Magazine (Feb. 2019)
• Bond, B.J., Nehmens, A., Compstat: A Police Performance Management Tool, Wesley Jennings, PhD (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Crime and Punishment, Wiley (2015)
• Constitutional Law – Wisconsin Supreme Court Interprets Competency Standard to Refuse Medical Treatment in Mentally Ill Patients, Outagmie County v. Melanie L., 10 J. Health & Biomed. Law (2014)
• San Francisco Trial Lawyers Ski and CLE: Lyft Sexual Assault Cases, March 2022
• Mass Torts Made Perfect, E-Cigarettes: An Emerging Litigation and National Epidemic, Oct. 2018, March 2019
• San Francisco Trial Lawyers Ski and CLE: Vapes of Wrath, The Rise of E-Cigarettes, March 2019
• Perrin Conferences’ National Asbestos Litigation Conference, Oct. 2018
Honors and Distinctions
• Super Lawyers, Rising Stars
• National Trial Lawyers’ Top 40 Under 40 in California
Born and raised in California, Angela enjoys hiking and going to the beach with her dog, Lola. In her free time, Angela enjoys snowboarding, traveling, playing the piano, reading, and spending time with her family and friends.